- 1. Incorporate Your Business
- 2. Buy General Liability Insurance
- 3. Use Professional Legal Contracts
- 4. Keep Good Records
- 5. Create Employee Policies
- 6. Put Your Customers First
- 7. Protect Your Intellectual Property
- 8. Have A Great Relationship with A Professional Business Lawyer
- Schedule a Consultation to Learn About Business Law Services
While running a business can be rewarding, getting sued as a business owner is not something you want to experience. With the help of our business law attorneys at Xander Law Group, here are some tips to help you prevent experiencing business litigation.
1. Incorporate Your Business
To protect your business, make it a corporation or a limited liability company. This means that if someone sues your company, they can only go after the company’s assets. This protects your home, personal bank accounts, property, and other assets.
2. Buy General Liability Insurance
Make sure you have general liability insurance and research the different types that you can purchase to protect your company.
3. Use Professional Legal Contracts
Hire an experienced business lawyer to draft any legal contracts you need.
4. Keep Good Records
Every business should have an efficient records system. This should be applicable for employees, contractors, and customers.
5. Create Employee Policies
If you have employees at your business, creating written employee policies ensures that they know exactly what is expected of them as an employee. A business lawyer can often help you draft an employee manual.
6. Put Your Customers First
Operating your business with a customer-first mindset not only helps you avoid being sued but gives you a great reputation.
7. Protect Your Intellectual Property
If you don’t want someone else to steal or use your ideas, then you need to protect your intellectual property rights. Working with an attorney to get patents, trademarks, or other filings for your creative work is advisable.
8. Have A Great Relationship with A Professional Business Lawyer
When you own a business, it’s important to have a business litigation lawyer on hand for any questions that may arise.
Schedule a Consultation to Learn About Business Law Services
At Xander Law Group our experienced legal team can give you professional legal advice on how to avoid business litigation in the future. To schedule a consultation, call our Miami office today at 305-767-2001.